31 Famous Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Abraham Lincoln Quotes

We’ve compiled a list of the top 31 most inspiring quotes.

31 Abraham Lincoln Quotes

1. “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”
abraham lincoln quote
2. “Leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today.”
3. “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.”
4. “The best way to predict your future is to create it.”
5. “I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep on doing so until the end.”
6. “Those who look for the bad in people will surely find it.”
7. “Every man’s happiness is his own responsibility.”
8. “The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.”
9. “Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.”
10. “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.”
11. “That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.”
abraham lincoln quotes
12. “I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have.”
13. “I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.”
14. “Whatever you are, be a good one.”
15. “Get books, sit yourself down anywhere, and go to reading them yourself.”
16. “All I have learned, I learned from books.”
17. “When I get ready to talk to people, I spend two thirds of the time thinking what they want to hear and one third thinking about what I want to say.”
18. “I would rather be a little nobody, then to be an evil somebody.”
19. “I will prepare and some day my chance will come.”
20. “You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry.”
21. “Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.”
abraham lincoln quotes
22. “My concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God’s side, for God is always right.”
23. “Everybody likes a compliment.”
24. “I’m a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn’t have the heart to let him down.”
25. “My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read.”
26. “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.”
27. “If slavery is not wrong, nothing is wrong.”
28. “I laugh because I must not cry, that is all, that is all.”
29. “If there is anything that a man can do well, I say let him do it. Give him a chance.”
30. “If I am killed, I can die but once; but to live in constant dread of it, is to die over and over again.”
31. “My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.”
abraham lincoln quotes

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires